By Angela Wills
You’ve heard that using your email to sell products or services on the internet is the thing to do but you have no idea where to start.
Using email as a profitable sales tool doesn’t have to be complicated.
You need to connect with your audience no matter what tool you use. Email just allows you another way to do so. Some of the common reasons business owners don’t use email marketing is because they (1) fear it will take up too much time, (2) don’t feel they have enough expertise to write a ‘newsletter’ or (3) feel that marketing through email is ‘spamming’.
Let’s address each of these issues:
1. Too Much Time – This is a common issue that business owners face. They put off using email to make sales because they feel like it will take away from their other business activities and end up being a time drain.
Here’s the thing though: Your email marketing really doesn’t need to be a fancy, high graphic email Newsletter.
– You can offer quick weekly tips that take you 15 minutes each week to write.
– You can have a special offers list where you tell people what you have for sale.
– You can do a weekly article.
– You can give short, quick updates on your business.
– You can even set your email marketing on auto-pilot using autoresponders.
It’s your email list so you get to set the rules. Don’t let lack of time stop you! The amount of time you will save by having a responsive list to sell to will far outweigh the input of time in the beginning.
2. Not an Expert – Some people believe they need to be a ‘guru’ or an expert to write emails that people will want to read. This is so untrue!
Many people want to learn from someone like them. Someone who remembers what it’s like to struggle, to learn the hard way and someone who’s willing to give the step-by-step information they need to move along that path.
Business success is a gradual growth and no one expects you to be an expert overnight. If you’ve been in business for a while you have great information to share and there are people out there waiting to hang on your every word.
Just get going, be honest and people will love you.
3. Email Sales is Spamming – Yes we are overloaded with email and spam is a terrible issue. Does that mean you should concede to the spammers and not even try? NO WAY!
You can have an email list to sell to without selling like a spammer.
Provide great value, treat people the way you’d like to be treated, do good business and you have no worries about making people upset. The great thing about email marketing too is if you set your system up properly, when people want to leave your list, they can do so at the click of a button.
If you’re ready to start using your email marketing as a profitable sales tool, join me in my new training program that walks you step-by-step through the process of building your list, creating a freebie, and getting more sign-ups.
Promoting Your Website on Twitter
Website Building Options
5 Hot Tips for Boosting Ezine Sign-Ups
Using Email Marketing as a Profitable Sales Tool
Tips for Building Your Email List
How I Made Money Providing a Service, You Can Too
How to Get People to Read Your Blog
Creating a WordPress Website
Tips for Generating Traffic to Your New Website
Important Website Design Features
Tips for Finding Affordable Website Design Services
Comparing a Static Website and WordPress Blog
7 Reasons Why WordPress Rocks for Websites
Creative Holiday Advertising with Graphics
5 Inspiring Custom Logo and Graphic Design Ideas
Creating a Unique Business Logo
Creating Web Graphics For Your Online Business
Turn Your WordPress Blog Into a Website
Tips for Building a Successful Affiliate Website
What You Need to Design Your Business Website
Customizing Your WordPress Website or Blog
Free and Easy Website Design Tools
Easy Website Design Changes with WordPress
Using WordPress For Your Business Website
Building a Strong Internet Presence with WordPress
8 Important Features of Professional Website Design
User-Friendly Website Design
Basic Elements for Website Success
Seven Qualities of a Good Website