By Angela Wills
What are the qualities of a good website?
It’s a lot simpler than you think!
A good website is simply a site that provides it’s target market with what they desire. Now this wouldn’t be a very long or useful article if I left it at that so I’ll expand on this idea by providing you with seven tips to reach your target market with your website:
1. Easy to Read -Don’t make it hard for your visitors to read the information they’re looking for. Use a font that is large and easy to read. Also don’t make the background of your writing dark and your actual writing light. For example white text on a black background is terrible for reading, so are bright reds, pinks, greens, etc. Don’t mess with this or you’ll lose readers. Keep your text black on a white background for the easiest readability.
2. Easy to Find – Don’t hide the good stuff. Make sure your website navigation makes sense and makes it easy for your visitors to find what they need. It’s best not to have a huge selection on the main page of your website. When faced with too many decisions people usually choose none. Make main categories and then drill down to deeper pages if you need to.
3. Lead Them Through – Don’t expect your visitors to find their way through your site. Take every opportunity you can to lead them through and show them the way.
4. Provide Basics – The basic pages most websites will need are a ‘Home’, ‘About’, ‘Contact’ and ‘FAQ’ page. Most people expect these pages on a website. Provide them.
5. Have a Clear Purpose – Do people know what your website is about when they hit the main page? Is the purpose clear? Make sure your visitors know what your website is about and how it can help them. Don’t make them search for this information or they might end up going somewhere else.
6. Offer Solutions – Are people coming to your website with a problem? Don’t just offer information, make sure to offer solutions. If you are providing information be sure to lead them towards the next step. This will help connect your visitors to what you want and allow you to make more money.
7. Test, Track and Tweak – No website is perfect in the first go. Think of your website as a brand new baby and stay by it’s side as it learns to talk, to walk, to ride it’s bike. Make sure you pay attention to your website and watch as it grows and you’ll be amazed at how intuitively you will be able to make decisions as time goes by.
There you have some qualities of a great website.
Knowing how to best build your own website is how you build a strong, unshakeable foundation for your online business for years to come.
Join me as I teach you in this online video, webinar and email coaching program everything you need to know about creating websites and blogs with WordPress.
Promoting Your Website on Twitter
Website Building Options
5 Hot Tips for Boosting Ezine Sign-Ups
Using Email Marketing as a Profitable Sales Tool
Tips for Building Your Email List
How I Made Money Providing a Service, You Can Too
How to Get People to Read Your Blog
Creating a WordPress Website
Tips for Generating Traffic to Your New Website
Important Website Design Features
Tips for Finding Affordable Website Design Services
Comparing a Static Website and WordPress Blog
7 Reasons Why WordPress Rocks for Websites
Creative Holiday Advertising with Graphics
5 Inspiring Custom Logo and Graphic Design Ideas
Creating a Unique Business Logo
Creating Web Graphics For Your Online Business
Turn Your WordPress Blog Into a Website
Tips for Building a Successful Affiliate Website
What You Need to Design Your Business Website
Customizing Your WordPress Website or Blog
Free and Easy Website Design Tools
Easy Website Design Changes with WordPress
Using WordPress For Your Business Website
Building a Strong Internet Presence with WordPress
8 Important Features of Professional Website Design
User-Friendly Website Design
Basic Elements for Website Success
Seven Qualities of a Good Website