Building links pointing back to your website can be a very time consuming task and sometimes you might not know where to start. Let’s take a look at some effective link building strategies.
1. Contact other website owners and offer a link exchange. It is a good idea to contact website owners with sites in the same niche as yours. You can create a ‘recommended sites’ page or list on your site where you can place links to other sites that agree to a link exchange.
2. Create a ‘link to us’ section on your website. This is to make an offer to your website visitors to link back to your website. Give them all the information that they will need to link to your site such as URL and anchor text. Have a section where they can leave their details for you to link to their site.
3. Make sure that your website contains good quality information so that other website owners will want to link to your site. Website owners don’t want to be linking to a site that is not of good quality so the quality of your website is always important for link building.
4. Search the internet for other websites that may mention your website or your website content but do not include a link to your site. Contact those website owners and ask them to include a link to your website.
5. Post comments on blogs and include a link back to your website. Always make appropriate comments that are related to the post topic or your comment will not likely be approved it is looks like spam.
6. Use internal link building from within your own site. For example, when you create a new page or post on your website you can include a link to your main home page or any other page on your site.
7. Article marketing is a very effective way to build backlinks. Write some good quality articles and submit them to article directories and include a link to your site in the resource box.
8. Offer to do a guest post on someone’s blog. When you write a guest post for someone else’s blog they get the benefit of new content for their blog and you get the benefit of being able to include a link back to your site.
9. Look at your competitor’s backlinks and see if you can get some of those same sites to link to your website.
10. Use social networking sites like Squidoo and Hubpages to build backlinks to your site. It is quick and easy to create a Squidoo lens or Hubpage and include a backlink within the content.
No tags for this post.
These are 10 great link building strategies and you can use all of them or some of them. The important thing is to use some methods and put in the effort that is required for effective link building.